Thursday, January 28, 2010

my ex is getting married....why am i upset?

note: DONT jump the gun and dont come to me telling me how sorry you are for me...read the whole thing, first......sheesh!

how am i supposed to react? i can't just shrug it off. why am i upset? i shouldn't care, right?  but why am i upset? am i still inlove with him? NOOO! that can't be, i have a boyfriend, for pete's sake!........i think it's my ego....yeah, definitely my ego....oh gawd, i want to cry....why, why, why am i upset?!

that's my friend, by the way not me........and as of this writing none of my exes is getting married, none that i know of anyway........

so anyway, my friend started asking me how i would feel if i found out that one of my exes is getting married...........my reply? i just shrugged................ then she mentioned a particular ex that i have been with for some time....she asked me how i would feel if i found out he's marrying his girlfriend after much lesser time than when we were still together................again, i just shrugged.............. and her eyes opened like a flying saucer in disbelief, LOL......... she thought i turned into an ice queen....


so i had to explain that thoughts of that did actually popped my head and it did upset me but i had to re-channel that negative thought which brings these two items:


"one. he just really thinks i'm not "the one" he wants to exchange I DO's with.....which, by the way, i have already accepted....no need to brood over the past.....it's not healthy....and besides, to be with someone for the rest of your life is a HUGE commitment so you better make sure you're really "sure" of what you're getting into........

two. he might have learned his lesson that if he makes a girl wait that long again the girl would just pack-up and leave....."



so what's this about being upset when your ex got married first? why does it bothers us even if we know we don't ever want to get back together with them? is it wrong to feel upset?

when i was single i would think of that scenario a looot.....and it's ugly...... it's like my self-esteem is attempting a kamikaze........so i learned to divert my negative thoughts into a more positive scenarios and here's what my brain cells came up with......

one. we're prolly pissed because we feel like we lost the race to the altar........... but we have to understand that getting married first is not a race, nor a competition...... there's no limited supply on love that if the ex got married first there won't be any love supply available for us.......

two. sometimes we have a quick thought of "what is wrong with me that we couldn't work it out and he/she didn't choose to marry me?" but "sometimes" that's not the case...... to each to their own path, to each their own way, to each their own time......... just quickly reassure yourself that both of you just weren't right for each other and that your time will come........

am i saying it's not right to feel upset? of course not.... it's a natural reaction......

not just because you are seeing somebody else, that doesn't mean that all our feelings toward the previous people in our life have dried up and disappeared............... that's not the way emotions work, sometimes.......... like my favorite quote says, time doesn't heal the wounds it just softens the pain and blurs the memory........ which means, fragments of the past is still there so there would be people in our life that we'll always have residual feelings for and yes, it doesn't just shut off............ so no need to feel guilty that somebody who was a big part of our life once still has the power to affect us in this way, sometimes that's just how it goes........ but that also doesn't mean we would allow that feeling to eat us....... get a tub of icecream, go get blotto, be around friends..... then move on....... always remember, you have something that the person he/she married with don't and will never have--- you are the one that  got away .........


12 comments:

Joy joy said...

For a while there I thought it was you getting affected by a marrying-ex. Good thing I read the whole post before reacting else I would have sent you a big smack in the head all the way from here (maging violent ba?). =D Peace!

:: Ayeen :: said...

lol... i need a catchy intro kasi....good, it worked! LOL

Thato Hlabiso said...

well that me then... I dont know how to explain how i feel now, I feel like crying...but i cant...thing is he likes spending time with me...Gawsh i think I am the one allowing him back in my life... but why he likes saying we have a lot of history together...why does he want me to help him register his business...*sad* why does he think I am brilliant and I am successful then marry someone else...???

:: Ayeen :: said...

girl, he's obviously just sweet talking you so he can still make you do things for him....

why does he think I am brilliant and I am successful then marry someone "else...???" <--- that should give you the answer right there.....right about now, i seriously think he's a free loader..... he's taking advantage of you because he knows you still have feelings for him ... let him go.... find someone who will treat you right...he's not the one.... goodluck girl!

Thato Hlabiso said...

yha i guess, i have made my choices... i have decided to cut all contacts with him, as much as it hurts but will have to let it pass...thanks for the talk girl it reall helped...

:: Ayeen :: said...

you go girl! you made the absolute right decision!

isaballe kumag said...


I wanted to give you an update on my situation. On september14, 2011 I requested a binding love spell be cast on my boyfriend. His eyes roamed to any woman that passed us and it made me feel horrible. I am happy to report that a 4days after I requested the spell he proposed to me. We have been married for months now, we are expecting our first child in Nov. 2012 and he no longer has eyes for any other woman. I was greatly impressed with the fast results and the personal attention I was shown during the casting and beyond. Dr. Ojuku. you are really powerful ....i will advice you guys to contact him if you need any help..(indiapowerfulspell@gmail.com)

joy tessy said...

there is this great spell caster on the internet i just met through a friends description and he have just helped me to get back my lover i am so glad that i met with him he is just on the internet to help people and i am among those he have helped and i am telling you to also go and get hold of your own solution as he shall soon be living the internet he said he was sent on a mission to the internet to come and help people and to make those who are at a cross road be back to life just met him with your problems and consider it a solution. his email vovolaspellcast@yahoo.com or visit http://vovolaspellcast-com.webs.com

joy tessy said...

i am still doubting! how do you do it? After many years of pain and sorrow.@ last i found happiness, thanks to jolie who introduced me to this spell caster vovolaspellcast@yahoo.com who cast a love to reunite my lover back to me.. We are getting marry next week. This spell caster vovolaspellcast@yahoo.comi we tel the world what you have done for me.. Is so powerfull!!! or visit http://vovolaspellcast-com.webs.com

Anonymous said...

An amazing testimony,I am Jasmine Grace,From united states of America.I will start by saying to all that have experience heart break and also cant do with out there lover should please stop here and read up my story, So as you will know how to go solving or getting your ex back from this spell caster..AND AGAIN I WILL WANT TO ALSO TELL ALL THAT THIS SPELL CASTER I WILL WANT TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD ABOUT IS HARMLESS AND DO NOT HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECT, BUT TO RESTORE AND GIVE YOU BACK WHAT YOU DESERVE, COS WHEN I MEET WITH THIS SPELL CASTER THAT WAS INTRODUCED TO ME BY THE WIFE OF MY BOSS IN MY WORKING PLACE, HE MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE CAN CAST SPELL ON SO MANY OTHER PROBLEMS EXCEPT IN GETTING YOUR EX OR MAKING YOUR LOVER TO LOVE YOU MORE THAT WILL SUITE YOU. Last year December, My lover was cheating on me and was not also give me the attention that a man should give to a woman,And really that was troubling my mind and tearing my heart apart to the extent that i was not concentrating in the office the way i use to before the break up by my lover.And before that incident,I always see how my boss use to love his wife so much. I was binging to think that i was not doing the right thing to him that will make him love me forever,So i really gathered my courage and went to my boss wife office to ask her the secret that made her husband love her so dearly,In the first place she refused in telling me,She asked me why i am asking her such a question,That if is it not normal for every man to love his wife.I told her the reason that made me ask her about this question,That my lover started cheating on me lately,When i knelt down before her for her to see my seriousness in this issue that i went to ask her,She opened up to me by telling me that i should not tell anybody about what she want to tell me,The wife to my boss started to say to me that she used a very powerful spell on his husband to love her,And the spell that she used is harmless, But the spell is just to make him love her and never to look for any other woman except her. I QUICKLY ASK HER HOW DID SHE GET TO KNOW THIS GREAT,POWER,DURABLE AND PERFECT WORK SPELL CASTER,she said that a friend of hers also introduce her to him. Then i also ask her how i can meet with this spell caster.SHE SAID EVERYTHING TO ME,THAT THE NAME OF THIS SPELL CASTER IS Dr okoko.My next question to her was how can i get this wonderful spell caster,She said she is going to give me the email of the spell caster for me to contact him for my problem,Really she gave to me this spell caster email and i contacted him and explained all to him,And after every thing that needed to be done by the spell caster, In the next two days, My lover that hated me so much came to house begging for forgiveness and i was so glad that i have finally gotten my heart desire..I was so grateful to this spell caster for what he has done for my life.. So i made a promise to him that i will always continue telling the world about his wonderful work towards me and also to other that came to you before and also the people that will also get to you from my story that i narrated online now..I will want to say to the entire world that you should not cry over noting again, That there is a great man that has been helping individuals to restore there Joy and smile in there faces !! The direct email to get this man is: vovolaspellcast@yahoo.com ,This is what i want to tell you all out there,That is thinking that all hope is lost OK..Thanks

laura said...


After been in relationship with a guy for 3 years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr, Aziegbe and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: ( vovolaspellcast@yahoo.com ) you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR.

Anonymous said...



my name is robin, i got married to my wife four years ago, two months ago, i was surprise to get a divorced letter, i thought it was a joke, cause she likes joking a lot. little did i know that there was something behind her jokes. i really loved her, even after she left, i still wanted her back, one day i was online and i got a link vovolaspellcast@yahoo.com , i explained everything to the admin, he told me what to do, and i did, guess what my friends!!! i and my wife are back together again for good and we now love ourselves more than before. thanks to the great ogudu. i promised to testify if my life changes for good. thats what i am doing now. you too can try him in your own various issues. contact him in his email:( vovolaspellcast@yahoo.com )

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!