Monday, November 26, 2007

picadillo for a cranky mood?





picadillo
Originally uploaded by photoholic-ayeen

it's that time of the month again that, aside from being cranky, i have all sorts of cravings again and this time i'm craving for picadillo..... actually, i'm confused about how it's really called..... all my life i know this dish as picadillo but jollibee called at arroz cabana.... anyway, so yeah, that's my saucy version of picadillo (i like it not too dry so i could mix it with rice).... my second batch since i got here in philly....this time i made sure i have my quail eggs and i have my banana (the saba, i fried it and sprinkled it with tiny tiny sugar).... my first batch doesn't have them....


so how is it cooked?

hmm... just cut everything in mall cubes (potato, carrots, onion, tomato)... then saute garlic, onion and tomato..then add the ground pork...then add half cup of water...let it simmer...then add potatoes, green peas and carrots...leave it again for a few minutes...oh! and put tomato sauce...then leave it... mix in the raisins, season to taste and lastly add the quail eggs.. that's it!

btw, the rice is worth mentioning :-P..... i don't have rice cooker and i'm still perpetually stupid when cooking rice but i have my left overs when we ate at a chinese restaurant a week ago, hehe, so you can imagine how hard the rice is by now.... so what i did is to mix it on a pan in very low heat with some of the sauce from this picadillo and now it tastes like paella,lol...... who would know it was a week old rice :-P










                my packed lunch for tomorrow                                  my dinner


0 comments:

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!