Friday, November 16, 2007

first day high?



today is my first day because my employer was anxious for me to start.....

i was supposed to start this monday november 5th (that's what the job offer has) but because my lawyer wasn't able to file my h1 transfer on the date i have anticipated i had to haggle..... i said i won't be able to start until the 19th of november because i need to give my previous employer a 2-week notice..... although what really happened was i just gave my employer a week notice and filed for a week vacation leave..... i'm in dire need of a vacation and i know as soon as i start with this company i would be very very very very, did i say very? yeah, "very" busy....

i'm the only asian here, the rest are whites...... i saw 2 blacks though and 1 french...... the office is big but old (29 years in the business)..... it's in the suburbs area so it's a one floor big building and surrounding offices are far from each other..... weight watchers and accuweather offices are here...... i like their break room because it has everything as in it's a complete kitchen, you can actually cook here...... they have two bathrooms (maybe if you do overnights? oh boy *bites finger*).... they have a mini gym (weights, yoga balls, etc but i'm only interested on that elliptical thing, coolness!).... everyone seems friendly...... i have my own cube, which is bigger than what i had at ibc (i can set up a tent here).... everyone seems to have 2 computer monitors........ which is a good thing because pressing alt-tab all the time kinda gets irritating sometimes....... hmm... whatelse...... i kinda like my new project........ they say i should start small so i won't get overwhelmed but they posted the whole database schema at one of my cube walls and i get dizzy by just glancing at it, jeez! i even had my first meeting..... but so far so good.... i think i'll be staying here for a long time (yeah, i have to stick with 'em because they'll be processing my greencard, lol).... and oh! my lawyer just sent me my h1 transfer receipt notice from INS which is good.... i think that's as good as being approved so i think i can breathe ok now .....

on another news...i'm broke .... i have to send money back home for my sister-in-law.... she'll be giving birth soon.... i'm so excited.... i want my own baby too..... hmm... maybe in 2009..... c'mon! it's a joke! you're no fun ....

p.s.
i need to return the laptop to my previous employer
and i'll be laptopless for ...hmm... a month! oh darn, that
sucks.... goodluck to me...


0 comments:

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!