Tuesday, September 23, 2008

you're buying someone else's problem...


"don't buy it!  you're buying someone else's problem! "
"4th owner? there's a reason why they kept selling it"
"are you willing to pay for the remainder of your loan if that car died on you after a year?"


that's what my co-workers/friends told me when i told them about the SUVs im thinking of getting....... added the fact that the rav4 had an accident back in 2002 (the car is cursed, accdg to someone, i thought that was funny)........

there were 4 out of 6 who told me not to buy the rav4 (or any old car)....... and one of them knows about car engines and i even showed them the car fax--they're not impressed...........  they said i'm better off leasing..... i can lease an SUV w/ the same budget that i set for myself......... plus i dont have to worry about other stuff, just oil change, brakes and tires........ other maintenance stuff, the leasing company takes care of.......


i have the check from my bank already, i got it this morning, payable to that dealership where i'm getting the 1999 rav4........... all i have to do is drive there give them the check, do some paper work and that's it........ but now, i'm having 2nd thoughts......


i mean, i am thinking of getting a "real" car (read: newer) once my greencard gets approved.....the problem is, will i be able to sell my old car (the rav4) when that time comes? atleast if it's a leased vehicle if i decided to go back to the philippines it's easy to return the car (yes, i'm still thinking of going back home sometimes)......... and if i decided to stay i can buy that leased vehicle (only newer models are for lease) or i can exchange it with a newer or other model that fits my fantasy (and budget ofcourse) then decide if i want to buy it........ it's like testing the water....... another thing is, it bothers me to think about getting stuck w/ the same old vehicle for 4 years (that's my loan term) that means after i'm done paying off my car loan my rav4 would be 13 years old and who would buy that junk? ....... here's another thing,  i'm getting an old car what if it died on me after a year? i still have to pay for the 3 remaining years of my auto loan.............. but for lease, i can take it back to the shop and get another one........... so yeah, leasing is really getting more and more attractive to me....... the lease-to-own, that is........


argh! let's see what i'll have in mind tomorrow...... i hate myself, sometimes......i can't freaking make up my mind...


 

0 comments:

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!