Thursday, October 04, 2007

red is for phillies!


yeah... my company/client is allowing everyone to wear casual clothes since yesterday....and they are requesting them to wear red shirts or anything "phillies" related as support to the phillies baseball team..... actually it was the mayor who suggested that and it was echoed here in my company....

i'm not a sports fanatic (but i love tennis, mind you)....... but i'm not one of those who would cringe and gets bored when watching sports...... i can watch soccer (w/c i like btw), football, baseball, basketball (my fave sport to watch when i was in highschool) and ofcourse tennis (that's my sport)..... i might not understand the rule but i sometimes find myself so immersed watching the game that i would sometimes end up cheering and shouting like the others if the team ( that i have chosen for that day) scores....... i dunno, the spirit of the game (and the crowd) sometimes overpowers me that i just find myself enjoying the game...... heck, i even sometimes get surprised that i was holding my breath when the ball is on my team's hands and would just give a sigh of relief when they scored or would curse like the others if they didn't........

anyway.... my point is.... i'm not a phillies fan or baseball fan for that matter but the people of philadelphia are in ** very good spirit and it's really contagious..... now i'm thinking of wearing a red top tomorrow ..... heck i might even buy those utley baseball shirt, hehe...

**phillies won (after 14 years) the national league east division last sunday (sept 30) and they have beaten the mets (can you believe that?) and now they are playing for the post playoff .......

0 comments:

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!