Wednesday, August 05, 2009

banduria? rondalla? huh?


i think i mentioned here before that i used to play for a rondalla band at don bosco makati during children's mass every sunday since i was in second year highschool until i started working....... that's 8 years total.....

i started playing the banduria and after a year they gave me the octavina....... i stopped playing in the rondalla band a couple of years after i started working....... the passion just died....... i'm not excited to go to practices anymore..... i went to join a choir instead.....

i'm starting to find my passion with playing the rondalla instruments again....... i'm just missing it...... i started searching the web for banduria or octavina but they are just ridiculously expensive........ and then a friend of mine from SFC (hi kuya ariel!) mentioned to me that he has a friend who teaches banduria and that i should contact her...... this was last fall....... then things got busy and i finally got to contacting the lady just last week.......

her name is marife....... she is part of the filipino cultural community in philadelphia and she teaches banduria and an organizer of the rondalla band in philadelphia......that's a very good way of introducing the filipino culture in the U.S! gawd i love my country, lol.....anyway.......so  i sent her an email asking her if she has an old banduria or octavina for sale and she said yes! but the catch is i have to join their practices and then she immediately wrote "i'm just kidding, you can have it"............. is she kidding me? ofcourse i'll join them! it's been a long time since i played for the rondalla and my rondalla skills are now all rusty............. i wrote her back telling her that i'll very gladly join their practices..........

rondalla practice are usually saturday afternoons but that sunday marife had to go somewhere but she emailed me sunday very early and asked me if i can come over at her place that day at 4pm for practice........ after 2 minutes i sent my reply -- "i'll be there!"....

now i have a banduria sitting on my apartment and i'm trying to pester my dad and my brother to look for my rondalla music notebook where i have compiled all the music piece i have translated, i have collected from friends and have stolen from somewhere, lol................. and i had to torture them into reading the notes of some of the songs in my music piece collection to me over the phone, LOL...... yeah, i asked them to mail that "notebook" but 1-2 weeks wait is just torture, i need to get atleast 3 songs from my notebook........

11 comments:

familie herzig said...

Hello, Ayeen!
My son and I plan to learn how to play the banduria. Would you be willing to share your music pieces with us?
Many thanks and lots of fun in rediscovering your love for the banduria,
Georgina

ContactLens 4 Sale said...

hi! im also planning 2 teach my son but dnt have sheet/chords anymore & couldn't put in writing wat i know in mind.... hope u cud help me my email is cherryfermo@yahoo.com many thanks & god bless =)

:: Ayeen :: said...

hi all...
i dont have a soft copy of my music piece and it's not even your usual music sheet....it's in do-re-mi not notes...

ContactLens 4 Sale said...

hello! thats exactly what im lookin for... the do re mi notes, i understand f u dnt have soft copy but would u mind if i can have it scanned? will appreciate it so much thank u & god bless!

:: Ayeen :: said...

uh.
medyo madami-dami yun e.
it's like scanning a whole book.
do you have any particular song in mind.

ContactLens 4 Sale said...

any latest love song.... or christmas song... would u mind f i ask kkung san naka2 avail nyan?

:: Ayeen :: said...

i buy piano piece and translate the notes into plain doremi...wala ako latest e..

ContactLens 4 Sale said...

any song will do & how do u translate it in do re mi???

:: Ayeen :: said...

u have to know how to read notes...

ContactLens 4 Sale said...

i see... can u give me tips regarding that??? & f u dont mind can u pls email me at least 1 sheet of any song w/ doremi notes? will really appreciate that thank u for entertaining all my inquiries... my email is cherryfermo@yahoo.com thank u & god bless

:: Ayeen :: said...

im not an expert on translating notes and im off most of the time and i have to adjust the notes by listening to the actual song and finding out the notes by strumming each and every notes in my banduria to see which one is closer....its hard to explain.... your best bet is to search via google on how to read notes...

im sorry im not much help....just really busy and im not sure when i could dig into my stuff and scan some songs...btw, my piano pieces that i have translated are all in the philippines and i had to ask my dad to send that to me here...


Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!