Saturday, November 15, 2008

on mysterious offline messages and christmas tree


i was worrying about my cellphone yesterday but today is an uneventful saturday.

i woke up early. i blame it on my internal clock. but atleast i was able to do my laundry. last weekend was so busy that i wasn't able to load anything to the washing machine so now my hamper is overflowing w/ dirty clothes and towels.

i took advantage of my morning energy so i started putting up my first christmass tree. i promised myself last year that i would get myself a christmas tree this time for my apartment. i missed having christmas decors at home ever since papa decided not to be a catholic anymore and he joined another religion. a religion that my parents desperately want me to join. one that won't allow you to cut your hair (it doesnt matter if it reach the ground) and won't allow women to wear anything but skirts. and women are not allowed to wear accesories.

que horror!

ok. ok. that's exaggerating. but me? i,who can't resist shorts and short anime skirts? i, who who feels naked if i don't have any earrings on? are you kidding me?! and besides, i'm pretty sure when i died God or St. Peter or whoever is on duty at the gates of heaven that time (well, assuming i'm going to heaven) would not deny me entrance just because i didn't wear my hair long enough or because i was showing my legs the whole time while i was still alive. i'm sure the first thing "they" will ask me is if i did something good.


anyway, enough of religion. that is always a sensitive topic. try to listen to our conversations with my dad or mom about catholic vs their religion and you'll see what i mean. you'll also see how my eyes would roll so many times that it's enough to give power energy to my whole baranggay (translation: village). and if you want to make me mad in just 5 minutes, turn the channel to where "basa!" (translation: read) is mentioned oh-so many times.


ofcourse i got carried away again.

so, back to the chrismas tree.. my christmas tree is set up. it's a simple 4 feet white tree with christmas lights already attached to it. i bought some christmas tree decors a month ago. i bought them from michael's arts and craft store  while most people were busy buying halloween decors and while my friend is snickering behind my back while i put my christmas decor hunts at the counter because i'm weird that way. anyway, after the putting up the christmas tree, which didnt take me an hour, i juggled the rest of my saturday between sleeping and reading eclipse while i do my laundry.

hmm...what else....


i had an intriguing offline messages a week ago. i was trying to get hold of the sender but to no avail. i wonder what happened to that meeting. i just can't for the life of me remember when that is. i just know it's tuesday (note to self: remember that offline messages doesn't get saved in ym's archive). maybe they changed their mind to include me. which is ok. i mean after all the melodramatic emails i sent them, they have all the right to not include me. besides, i have better plans alhough i'm not sure if they would like it. no. i'm not taking revenge. that's very immature. i just want to continue doing what i have started. i may need to start at the bottom again but i'll climb my way up. slowly but surely. i don't give up easily. i'm pretty much that passionate when it comes to the things i like/love.


speaking of love.

i have never met such selfish person in my life. who just wants to receive but not give. i'm still hatching up ways on how to get away from that person's charm. that person's charm is so intoxicating and cunning that all reason fly out the window when i'm around that person. so many times i have tried to leave but i can't. i know why that's the case. i fail to listen to that one important message that would save me from this drowning nonsense. as simon and garfunkle puts it: a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.  


oh well, that's enough babbling for now. i'm on my way to manila bay . my friend's band is playing there tonight. and i think i want my dose of pinatubo (that's how they call their liempo).



p.s.
"friend" is sick.
he wants to come over
(he usually does on weekends).
i want him to
but he's the reason why i got sick the last time so no.


 

1 comments:

yo said...

hey ate marlin! i couldnt comment on your recent blog but anyways, it sounds uhhhh quite interesting haha. kinda curious, but im sure it's nothing. anyways, this is my blog. actually my friend & i share this, but she hasnt written anything on it yet haha.

PS. where did you go on sat?? i was lookin for you & kuya dex. you missed out on all the fun!

-chic

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!