Friday, November 21, 2008

on scary "email"

me : i got an email
friend : do you want me to congratulate you?
me : *rolling eyes*
friend : hello? everyone gets emails every second of the day
me : i got an email from "them"
friend : oh. are you ok? you haven't been crying again are you?
me : geez, no.
friend : so what did they say?
me : haven't read it yet
friend : when did they send it?
me : wednesday night.
friend : i'm surprised you were able to hold it this long.
me : i'm scared to open it
friend : what's there to be scared of? i'm sure no one's invented an email version of anthrax yet
me : *quiet*
friend : c'mon. i'm just trying to be funny. seriously. why dont you want to open it?
me : i'm scared that it would hurt me again.
friend : remember what you told me before? the "don't create problems way in advance"
me : *quiet*
friend : cmon. i know you. you always want to face problems head on and you know that postponing it would just prolong your agony.
me : *sigh* i know they mean well but i'm trying to move on. now here's another email.
friend : this is none of my business. it's your call. i'm sure you'll do the right thing.
Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!