Tuesday, February 24, 2009

friend: why are you single? me: can i punch your nose now?


why are you single?

i’m still taken aback when someone asks me that question, but somehow i’ve learned not to take the question as a threat, or as an insult or a way to mock me.......... yes, i am single and for a long time now.........no, it’s not because every man in the world is blind or because every man is with the wrong woman (i just got that line from the movie p.s. i love you) because they are not blind and they are with the right women........... i know why I’m single......... i know it's because of the wrong decisions i made......... i know it's because i control what i can't control and didn't control what i can control............. it's because some things are just not meant to be..........

yes, i’m single, and yes, it’s frustrating at times and yes it gets lonely........ but i also know not to judge my worth as a person by how many times i have been asked on a date or how many times i have gone out on a date (which by the way is not a lot...not that i'm rude but i still have "preferences" and won't jump and agree to go out with every guy who asks me out)........ sure, give me that "he's just not that into you" book/dvd............. offer to introduce me to a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend.............. tell me that someday my time will come—that's kind of you......... but i still think that if someone asks me that question i would still cringe............. but i think i'm getting better in handling that question ("i think" as the operative word)  because now i try to answer the question without needing to justify myself or taking it the wrong way and without feeling the need to punch that person who asked that question on the face, lol.......... that's  a good thing, right? lol

i’m single for many reasons, some of them out of my control, some of them not, some of them good, some of them bad................ but i’m also single because maybe i just need to be comfortable with just being with myself first.......... learn to set what my real priorities are.............. maybe i need to learn a few things about life first.......... or maybe i'm bound for single-blessedness, who knows, right? but don't worry i think i’ll be just fine............. i will still try to date and fail and generate some hilarious misadventures........... but hey, at least those misadventure makes for some amusing stories......... well, once my pride recovers from embarrasment, that is.......

 

4 comments:

RV Sanchez said...

ashoosh.... next time i ask you on a date, by all means... just say yes!!! lolz

nette netskii said...

:-)

nette netskii said...

stay happy ayeen. you deserve to be :-).

Allan Vergel said...

it really does not matter kung ano ka at kung ano wala ka as long as you are happy then go.....pero ang pinaka importante is your happy and other people besides you are happy as well.. para everybody happy...

Parang kanta lang ah :-)

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!