Tuesday, July 01, 2008

why i'm loving it?

:: proof 1 ::

me:
(to myself) it's ice and water time...but i need to get rid off this teabag first

(at the breakroom)

me: (while waiting for co-worker 1 to finish using the sink) hey.. are these bagels yours?
co-worker1: yeah
me: can i steal it? *laughs*
co-worker1: nah-uh. you haven't even offered me anything yet
me: *LOL*

after washing my mug and getting some ice and water i went to the ladies room.....when i got back i have a bagel on my table..... it's from co-worker! he's a sweet guy.....



:: proof 2 ::


rrrrrinnnng....

me: hello
co-worker 2: co-worker 3 is out today. i can take you to the train station today if you want. i'm leaving around 5-ish.
me: oh, thank you...
co-worker 2: you're welcome

note: co-worker 3 gives me a ride everyday from work to my apartment because my apartment is just on the way to her house...... she's really nice......... and if she's out, one or 2 of my other officemates would volunteer to give me a ride to the train station......they're so sweet...... ok, just a backgrounder....... from my office i need to walk like 10 minutes to the bus stop and then wait for the bus to take me to the train station.........



:: proof 3 ::

rrrring.....

me: hey...what's up? everything ok? (she doesn't normally call me on my cell)
co-worker 4: i heard about the typhoon in the philippines...are your family ok?
me: oh! oh yeah...i just spoke with my dad...they're fine...thank you...that's so sweet of you..
co-worker 4: that's good...i was just a lil concern when i heard about the news...well ok sweetie, i'll see you on monday....



:: proof 4 ::

co-worker 5: *knocks*
me: hey..what's up....
co-worker 5: i thought i'd give you this...*handed me a candy*
me: oh, thank you
co-worker 5: you're welcome..

:: proof 5 ::

co-worker 6: marlin, me and co-worker 5 i'm cooking something for lunch tomorrow.. have you tried cabbage and potatoes and ham?
me: is that irish food? i'd love to try that!
co-worker 6: yeah, it is. good. i'll bring some potatoes, cabbage and ham tomorrow and i could just make it here
me: sounds good to me.. let me know if i can help or anything




:: proof 6 ::



boss saw me making coffee...
boss: ah, you're a coffee drinker
me: nah, well, actually just a lil....but now i just need to get my hot water
boss: so why are you making coffe...
me: because i thought i need to press "brew" first so i could get my hot water
boss: nah..just press this (points me the button) ..there you go..
me: oh! haha! nice...thanks for the tip of the day

when i was 10 feet away from the coffee maker...

boss: you didnt finish making the coffee!
me: you should have given me that tip after i finish making coffee *lol*
boss: oh boy..yeah..*laughs*




that's what's nice about working for a small (old) company........ everybody knows everbody and it doesnt feel like you are really working......... it's just like you're one big family, each with his/her own tasks to do but the environment and culture is homey........ i'm so glad i chose my current job over that other offer i have in minnesota.......... and to think i was seriously thinking of accepting the minnesota job offer because i know i would be working with a lot of filipinos there........ turned out this is really much much better........

it's true that i'm the only filipino here and my officemates are from all over the world--french, portuguese, from belgium, italian, middle-eastern (not sure if it's israel), chinese, irish, polish, black, whites, etc (pwera anaps, walang anaps dito) and it's really a pleasure working with them specially when they start sharing about their culture........ which reminds me, i need to cook some filipino dish one of these days, they are dying to try one........... any suggestion?

0 comments:

Obedient NonConformist (old blog) © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!